Start writing here...
Middle Eastern Six Grain Salad Recipe
A Middle Eastern salad with lots of fresh-herb flavour made with a unique blend of six grains including wehani rice, rye berries and brown rice. It’s delicious with roast chicken, grilled lamb kebabs or pork tenderloin.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
- Course: Salad
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Servings: 6 People
- Calories: 0
- 2 cups Six Grain Medley Rice
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup English cucumber (chopped)
- 1/4 sundried cranberries
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup cashews (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup David's organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Rinse the rice under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it.
- Put the rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 35 to 40 minutes. Let the rice cool completely. This can be done a day in advance.
- Combine the rice and salad ingredients in a bowl and season.
- Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. Toss and serve.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.