Start writing here...
Middle Eastern Six Grain Salad RecipeJune 04, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
A Middle Eastern salad with lots of fresh-herb flavour made with a unique blend of six grains including wehani rice, rye berries and brown rice. It’s delicious with roast chicken, grilled lamb kebabs or pork tenderloin.
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 2 cups Six Grain Medley Rice
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup red onion , finely chopped
- 1 cup English cucumber , chopped
- 1/4 sundried cranberries
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup cashews , chopped
- 1 clove garlic , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley , finely chopped
- Rinse the rice under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it.
- Put the rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 35 to 40 minutes. Let the rice cool completely. This can be done a day in advance.
- Combine the rice and salad ingredients in a bowl and season.
- Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. Toss and serve.