Start writing here...
Bourbon Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Smooth, creamy with an intense vanilla flavour from real vanilla bean and vanilla powder.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- In a heavy saucepan combine the cream, 100g cane sugar, vanilla bean, and vanilla powder and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let infuse for 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining sugar with the ice cream stabilizer. Add the egg yolks and whisk several minutes until light and thick.
- Temper the egg mixture by whisking in 1/4 cup of the vanilla-infused cream. Repeat two more times.
- Whisk in the remaining cream and return the mixture to the saucepan.
- Cook, over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens enough to coat a spoon.
- Strain into a clean bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.