Start writing here...
Bourbon Vanilla Bean Ice CreamMay 18, 2015 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time35 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time50 mins
Smooth, creamy with an intense vanilla flavour from real vanilla bean and vanilla powder.
- In a heavy saucepan combine the cream, 100g cane sugar, vanilla bean, and vanilla powder and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let infuse for 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining sugar with the ice cream stabilizer. Add the egg yolks and whisk several minutes until light and thick.
- Temper the egg mixture by whisking in 1/4 cup of the vanilla-infused cream. Repeat two more times.
- Whisk in the remaining cream and return the mixture to the saucepan.
- Cook, over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens enough to coat a spoon.
- Strain into a clean bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions.