Start writing here...
Strawberry and Kale Sorghum Salad
Red quinoa gives this salad a pleasant crunch and boosts the protein. The strawberries add beautiful colour and just the right amount of sweetness in the dressing.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- 1/2 cup sorghum
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup red quinoa
- 1-1/2 cups kale (chopped)
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- 1/2 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (diced)
- 2 Tbsp strawberries (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp acacia honey
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup David's organic extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the sorghum, thyme, and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and cook for another 10 minutes. Strain.
- Blanch and refresh the kale.
- Combine the sorghum-quinoa mix, kale, hempseed, strawberries, and red onion.
- Toss with the dressing, season and serve.
- Combine the strawberries, honey, white wine vinegar, and slowly whisk in the olive oil.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.