Start writing here...
Strawberry and Kale Sorghum Saladmars 23, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
Red quinoa gives this salad a pleasant crunch and boosts the protein. The strawberries add beautiful colour and just the right amount of sweetness in the dressing.
- 1/2 cup sorghum
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup red quinoa
- 1-1/2 cups kale , chopped
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- 1/2 cup strawberries , sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion , diced
- 2 Tbsp strawberries , finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp acacia honey
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup David's organic extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the sorghum, thyme, and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and cook for another 10 minutes. Strain.
- Blanch and refresh the kale.
- Combine the sorghum-quinoa mix, kale, hempseed, strawberries, and red onion.
- Toss with the dressing, season and serve.
- Combine the strawberries, honey, white wine vinegar, and slowly whisk in the olive oil.