Start writing here...
Spirulina and Toasted Hemp White Chocolate Barmars 25, 2019 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Tempering the White Chocolate
- Put 2-1/4 cups of white chocolate in a bowl and melt over a double boiler or in the microwave in 30-second increments. Stir often until smooth, and the temperature is 110ºF (43ºC) on a thermometer.
- Remove from the heat, add the remaining 3/4 cup of chocolate and stir until it melts and the temperature is 87ºF (30ºC).
- Spread a spoonful on a piece of parchment or waxed paper and see if it begins to set within five minutes. If it doesn’t, continue to stir until it cools by another degree or two and test again. Depending on the chocolate and environmental conditions, the tempering temperature can vary.
Spirulina and Toasted White Chocolate Bar
- Prepare the chocolate bar moulds with a light coating of oil and sprinkle with spirulina powder.
- Gently fold the toasted hemp seeds into the tempered chocolate. Pour the chocolate into the prepared moulds all the time folding to ensure even distribution of the seeds.
- Gently tap the moulds on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Leave at room temperature to set. Unmould and serve, or wrap in waxed paper and then foil and store at room temperature. Do not refrigerate as it will affect the appearance and texture of the white chocolate.