Start writing here...
Spirulina and Toasted Hemp White Chocolate Bar
A bar of delicious white chocolate for eating or gift-giving, with the nutty crunch of toasted hemp seeds and a gorgeous sprinkling of nutrient-rich, aqua blue spirulina powder.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- Course: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: North American
- Servings: 4 Bars
- Calories: 0
- 3 cups Caozelo Ivory 30% minigrams
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- Chocolate bar molds
- Almond oil or quick-release spray
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds (toasted)
Tempering the White Chocolate
- Put 2-1/4 cups of white chocolate in a bowl and melt over a double boiler or in the microwave in 30-second increments. Stir often until smooth, and the temperature is 110ºF (43ºC) on a thermometer.
- Remove from the heat, add the remaining 3/4 cup of chocolate and stir until it melts and the temperature is 87ºF (30ºC).
- Spread a spoonful on a piece of parchment or waxed paper and see if it begins to set within five minutes. If it doesn’t, continue to stir until it cools by another degree or two and test again. Depending on the chocolate and environmental conditions, the tempering temperature can vary.
Spirulina and Toasted White Chocolate Bar
- Prepare the chocolate bar moulds with a light coating of oil and sprinkle with spirulina powder.
- Gently fold the toasted hemp seeds into the tempered chocolate. Pour the chocolate into the prepared moulds all the time folding to ensure even distribution of the seeds.
- Gently tap the moulds on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Leave at room temperature to set. Unmould and serve, or wrap in waxed paper and then foil and store at room temperature. Do not refrigerate as it will affect the appearance and texture of the white chocolate.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.