Start writing here...
Pink Praline Roll Recipejanvier 28, 2019 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time3 hrs
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time3 hrs 45 mins
Pink pralines, naturally coloured sugar coated almonds, are a beautiful addition to this lovely rich yeast bread.
- In a heavy saucepan, warm milk to body temperature. Remove from the heat and whisk the yeast and 1 tsp sugar into it. Leave for 10 minutes or until it becomes frothy.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the flour, salt, and 2 Tbsp of sugar.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and eggs and mix until it forms a ball. Knead at medium speed for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Gradually add the softened butter and continue to knead for 10 minutes. The finished dough will be smooth and slightly shiny.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for 1-1/2 hours, or until doubled.
Grease a 9" springform pan and line the base with parchment paper.
- Punch down the dough and turn it onto a lightly floured surface. Roll it out to a 14" square.
- Sprinkle the crushed pralines over the surface.
- Roll the dough up like a Swiss roll, cut it into 1-1/2" thick slices, and arrange cut-side up in the prepared pan.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Brush the rolls with the beaten egg yolk and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then remove the pan and cool completely.