Start writing here...
Pink Praline Roll Recipe
Pink pralines, naturally coloured sugar coated almonds, are a beautiful addition to this lovely rich yeast bread.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- In a heavy saucepan, warm milk to body temperature. Remove from the heat and whisk the yeast and 1 tsp sugar into it. Leave for 10 minutes or until it becomes frothy.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the flour, salt, and 2 Tbsp of sugar.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and eggs and mix until it forms a ball. Knead at medium speed for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Gradually add the softened butter and continue to knead for 10 minutes. The finished dough will be smooth and slightly shiny.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for 1-1/2 hours, or until doubled.
Grease a 9" springform pan and line the base with parchment paper.
- Punch down the dough and turn it onto a lightly floured surface. Roll it out to a 14" square.
- Sprinkle the crushed pralines over the surface.
- Roll the dough up like a Swiss roll, cut it into 1-1/2" thick slices, and arrange cut-side up in the prepared pan.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Brush the rolls with the beaten egg yolk and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then remove the pan and cool completely.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.