Start writing here...
- 3 Apples (peeled, cored, small diced)
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp David's Maple Bacon Rub
- In a large pot on high heat, add water, apples and sugar.
- Cook apples for 10-15 minutes. Then turn the heat to medium and continue to boil until apples are soft and liquid has reduced. Stir occasionally, about 20-25 minutes
- Add lemon juice and Maple Bacon rub, stir to incorporate.
- Simmer for another 5 - 7 minutes to allow rub to infuse.
- Use a large spoon or wooden spoon to mash the apples.
When jam has reached desired consistency, transfer to sterilized glass jars, cover with lid and let cool.
- Store jam in the fridge. Serve with toast, scones, biscuits and more. Enjoy!
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.