Start writing here...
- In a bowl, mix water, salt, and sugar until dissolved. Add yeast, and let it rest for 5 minutes until yeast starts to foam.
- In a stand mixer using the dough hook attachment, add yeast mixture, flour and 2 tbsp oil, mix on low speed until well combined. Change to medium speed until dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough onto an oiled large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly brush with oil and set aside.
- Bring water and baking soda to a rolling boil in a sauce pan.
- Cut the dough into 8 pieces and roll each dough into a rope. Make a U-shape holding each ends of the rope, twist and cross them over each other and press onto the bottom of the U in order to form the shape of the pretzel. Do this for the remaining pieces of dough.
- Boil each pretzel in the water and baking soda mixture for 30 seconds per side.
- Transfer the pretzels to the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine beaten eggs and 1 tbsp water and mix. Brush the top of the pretzel with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of the Everything Bagel El Diablo seasoning on top of the pretzels.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.