Start writing here...
Everything Bagel El Diablo Pretzelfévrier 09, 2022 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
- In a bowl, mix water, salt, and sugar until dissolved. Add yeast, and let it rest for 5 minutes until yeast starts to foam.
- In a stand mixer using the dough hook attachment, add yeast mixture, flour and 2 tbsp oil, mix on low speed until well combined. Change to medium speed until dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough onto an oiled large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly brush with oil and set aside.
- Bring water and baking soda to a rolling boil in a sauce pan.
- Cut the dough into 8 pieces and roll each dough into a rope. Make a U-shape holding each ends of the rope, twist and cross them over each other and press onto the bottom of the U in order to form the shape of the pretzel. Do this for the remaining pieces of dough.
- Boil each pretzel in the water and baking soda mixture for 30 seconds per side.
- Transfer the pretzels to the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine beaten eggs and 1 tbsp water and mix. Brush the top of the pretzel with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of the Everything Bagel El Diablo seasoning on top of the pretzels.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!