Start writing here...
Broccolini and Cannellini Bean Saladmars 23, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hrs 15 mins
Cannellini beans and broccolini is a classic Italian combination tossed with balsamic dressing. Serve with crusty bread and cheese for an ideal hot weather meal.
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 cup broccolini , chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion , sliced
- 2 cups red chard , trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- In a heavy pot combine the cannellini beans, thyme, and rosemary and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 40 to 60 minutes or until tender. Strain.
- Blanch and refresh the broccolini.
- Combine the cooked cannellini beans, broccolini, red onion, chard, and tomatoes.
- Whisk together the grainy Dijon, honey, balsamic vinegar, and slowly add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and season to taste. Serve at room temperature.