Start writing here...
Broccolini and Cannellini Bean Salad
Cannellini beans and broccolini is a classic Italian combination tossed with balsamic dressing. Serve with crusty bread and cheese for an ideal hot weather meal.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 cup broccolini (chopped)
- 1/2 cup red onion (sliced)
- 2 cups red chard (trimmed and chopped)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup David's organic extra virgin olive oil
- In a heavy pot combine the cannellini beans, thyme, and rosemary and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 40 to 60 minutes or until tender. Strain.
- Blanch and refresh the broccolini.
- Combine the cooked cannellini beans, broccolini, red onion, chard, and tomatoes.
- Whisk together the grainy Dijon, honey, balsamic vinegar, and slowly add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and season to taste. Serve at room temperature.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.