Start writing here...
Vegan Chickpea Fritter Recipe
Versatile, delicious and vegan. Depending on their size, they make a flavourful and filling vegan main course or a perfect bite size nibble for a party.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Red Pepper Aioli
"Old Bay" Seasoning
- In a food processor combine the aioli ingredients and blend. Chill.
- In a small bowl combine all the seasoning ingredients.
- Put the chickpeas, hearts of palm, and jalapeno in a food processor and pulse to shred. Do not over process to a mash.
- Put the chickpea mixture into a large bowl and add the vegenaise, "Old Bay" seasoning, vinegar, mustard, and 1 cup panko breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- Put the remaining ½ cup of panko in a shallow dish.
- Form the chickpea mixture into patties (fritters) and coat in the panko.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the fritters to the pan and cook until golden on one side, approximately 3 minutes. Adjust the heat to prevent burning. Flip and cook the other side until golden.
- Transfer to a paper-towel lined tray and put in a warm oven to hold.
- Serve the chickpea fritters with red pepper aioli and an arugula salad.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.