Start writing here...
Vegan Chickpea Fritter RecipeOctober 23, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time50 mins
Versatile, delicious and vegan. Depending on their size, they make a flavourful and filling vegan main course or a perfect bite size nibble for a party.
Red Pepper Aioli
- 1/2 cup veganaise
- 4 grilled red peppers , chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill , finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp black pepper
"Old Bay" Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a food processor combine the aioli ingredients and blend. Chill.
- In a small bowl combine all the seasoning ingredients.
- Put the chickpeas, hearts of palm, and jalapeno in a food processor and pulse to shred. Do not over process to a mash.
- Put the chickpea mixture into a large bowl and add the vegenaise, "Old Bay" seasoning, vinegar, mustard, and 1 cup panko breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- Put the remaining ½ cup of panko in a shallow dish.
- Form the chickpea mixture into patties (fritters) and coat in the panko.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the fritters to the pan and cook until golden on one side, approximately 3 minutes. Adjust the heat to prevent burning. Flip and cook the other side until golden.
- Transfer to a paper-towel lined tray and put in a warm oven to hold.
- Serve the chickpea fritters with red pepper aioli and an arugula salad.