Start writing here...
New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies
The results make all the effort and waiting worthwhile. The ultimate chocolate chip cookies made with dark chocolate and crunchy flakes of sea salt.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- 2 cups minus 2 Tbsp cake and pastry flour
- 1-2/3 cup bread flour
- 1-1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1-1/4 cups unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1-1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp organic cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-1/3 cups Vadaro dark chocolate 80% (chopped)
- Sea salt flakes
- Sift the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low, add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, and then add the chopped chocolate.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
- Scoop 3-1/2 oz mounds of dough, approximately the size of a golf ball, and put 6 onto each prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.