Start writing here...
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot and set to Saute. Once hot, add pork and saute each side until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Turn the instant pot off.
- Pour the broth or water in the instant pot. Using a wooden spoon, deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Add the ketchup, brown sugar and pulled pork spice into the liquid and stir. Place pork with the liquid mixture in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 40 minutes. Once the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Remove the pork from the liquid and shred the meat by using 2 forks.
- Turn the instant pot to Saute and let the remaining liquid thicken for a tasty BBQ Sauce.
- In a separate bowl, create the Cabbage Slaw by combining the mayo, apple cider vinegar and cabbage.
- Assemble the tacos with the pulled pork, cabbage slaw, sliced avocados and cheese. Enjoy!
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.