Espelette Chili Pepper Crushed 250 g 24K
You see it on menus all of the time. But did you ever wonder what exactly is Espelette Pepper? It's a special chili powder, from the Basque region of France, prized by professional chefs. It has a lovely, light, orange-red hue and a mild chili kick acceptable to French palates. It often replaces pepper in the Basque braised vegetable dish known as Piperade or in Poulet Basquaise. Espelette Pepper adds a unique spicy kick to fried eggs or home-fries and is excellent in vinaigrettes with sherry vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
100% espelette pepper
- PRODUCT OF FRANCE – Espelette chili pepper is originally from the Basque region of France, and so we source it from its country of origin to get you the highest quality, most genuine product we possibly can.
- ONE INGREDIENT – Our espelette spice only has one ingredient: crushed espelette chili pepper. This makes it so that you can be confident that there are no preservatives/additives or extra ingredients that you didn’t sign up for.
- DELICIOUS HEAT – Prized by professional chefs, espelette chili pepper has a delicious, subtle heat with a smokey sweet taste with mild undertones of citrus. This subtlety makes it versatile and great in almost any recipe.
- SCOVILLE SPICE SCALE – The espelette pepper reaches a maximum of 4000 on the scoville scale, which makes it mild to medium hot.
- USES – You can use this extremely versatile spice in a sophisticated recipes such as the Basque braised vegetable dish, called Piperade, or Poulet Basquaise. Or you can just add a unique spicy kick to eggs, home fries, grilled meat, vegetables, seafood, or even in sherry or extra virgin olive oil based vinaigrettes.