Yuzu Powder 50 g Fruiron
This exotic citrus with its bright unique flavour is a modern pantry staple. Yuzu Powder is made from Japanese citrus that's freeze-dried whole and pulverized to retain its mandarin, lemon and grapefruit flavour and fragrance. Sprinkle on grilled fish or over a scallop crudo. Fold it into mayonnaise as a dip for chilled shrimp or use to flavour hollandaise sauce. Whisk into a vinaigrette for couscous and roasted vegetable salad. Add to ice cream or sorbet base before churning or use it as a plate garnish.
Dried yuzu zest.
- JAPANESE CITRUS – Yuzu Powder comes from a Japanese citrus fruit, commonly seen as a cross between a wild mandarin, grapefruit, and lemon. The powder has a fragrant lime or lemon aroma. Try dusting a small amount of yuzu powder over seafood, or add to salads or fish marinades.
- HEALTH BENEFITS – Yuzu contains a large amount of vitamin C, much more than any lemon or orange. It also contains other essential minerals, as well as a lot of antioxidants.
- POPULAR IN THE EAST – The yuzu fruit is a native to China but is commonly grown and used in Korea and Japan where its rind, zest and juice are added to sauces and toppings to add an extra layer of flavour. Over time yuzu powder has recently become more used in western cooking.
- YUZU DRINKS – Yuzu has a very strong flavour, and depending on your usage, very little may be needed to pack a punch. In drinks, a little goes a long way, and most times just a drop to a cocktail is enough. Think of using this yuzu powder as a bitter more than than a fruit juice.
- SEAFOOD BOOSTER – When eating oysters, again, just a few sprinkles are enough to turn an ordinary oyster into something of citrus wonder. In marinades, mayonnaise, or brunoise, little is required again, however you can up the amount depending on the quantity and personal taste.
Recommended for you in Fruit
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.
GET WHOLESALE PRICING
You deserve a gourmet food supplier that brings you innovative new ingredients from across the globe. Ingredients that create great food exeriences, make you a destination, and increase your sales. As an importer and distributor we have access to leading edge, one-of-a-kind ingredients at the best prices.