Start writing here...
Quinoa Pad Thai RecipeMay 23, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time50 mins
Quinoa and Yuzu Srirachi add delightful flavour and texture to this nutritious Pad Thai dish.
- 1 lb chicken , thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp seedless tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp yuzu pao sriracha-style hot sauce
- 4 Tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 large garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions , sliced
- 1 cup carrots
- 5 cups cooked tri-blend quinoa shredded
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup cashews , toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro , finely chopped
- Stems from 1 bunch of cilantro , chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- Lime wedges
- Combine chicken, kosher salt, cayenne, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- In a small saucepan over a medium-low heat, whisk together tamarind, cane sugar, fish sauce, water, and yuzu pao sriracha and heat to melt the sugar.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry the garlic, half the green onions, and carrots for a few minutes and then remove from the wok.
- Heat another Tbsp of oil in the wok and add the chicken. Stir-fry until cooked through and remove from the work.
Heat another Tbsp of oil in the wok and add quinoa. Stir-fry to heat through and then add half the sauce.
- Make a well in the center of the quinoa and pour in the egg. Scramble the egg and then return the cooked chicken and carrot to the wok and stir-fry to heat through.
- Add the bean sprouts, cashews, chopped cilantro and stems, and lime zest and continue stir-frying to heat through. Add more sauce to taste.
- Serve garnished with the remaining green onion and lime wedges.