Start writing here...
Truffle Rosemary Sorghum Risotto
Spring vegetables, sorghum and truffle oil make this a spectacular risotto. Sorghum is an excellent gluten-free substitute for Israeli couscous.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat. When hot, add the shallots and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add sorghum and garlic and cook for a few minutes longer to bring out the nuttiness of the grain.
- Add white wine and cook for a few seconds before adding the stock and rosemary.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 45 to 60 minutes, adding water if needed.
- Five minutes before the sorghum is cooked, add the truffle oil, asparagus, mushrooms, remaining 2 Tbsp butter and season.
- Serve garnished with a sprig of rosemary and more truffle oil.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.