Start writing here...
- In a bowl or container, add soy sauce, mirin, salt and sesame oil and whisk. Add rib and mix well. Marinate the ribs for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade. Turn the instant pot to sautee and add grapeseed oil. Add the ribs and let it brown on each side.
- Add 2 cups of water. Close the lid and turn the steam release handle to seal.
- Press the Pressure Cook button and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Once its done cooking, wait for 10 minutes then turn the steam release handle to venting. Open the lid carefully and lift the pork ribs out of the pot and set aside.
- To prepare the sauce, in a skillet on medium heat, add oil, black vinegar, sugar, 2 tbsp water and cornstarch. Whisk until sauce thickens.
- Add the short ribs into the sauce and mix until fully coated. Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onions and serve with rice.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.