Start writing here...
Greek Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Hearty and healthy all-natural comfort food. A Greek-inspired family recipe packed full of veggies and wild rice.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- 3 lbs chicken legs
- 6 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 red peppers (chopped)
- 3 onions (chopped)
- 4 medium carrots (chopped)
- 3 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 medium potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 head of broccoli (broken into florets)
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 large eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- David's organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Put the chicken, vegetables, and salt into a large stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken legs and, when cool enough to handle, remove the skin and bones and shred the meat. Return the meat to the pot along with the wild rice. Season to taste.
- Beat the eggs and lemon juice together in a bowl. Temper the egg mixture by ladling 1 cup of hot liquid into it while vigorously whisking. Pour the tempered mixture into the stockpot. Don't boil the soup after adding the egg mixture.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with oil and serve.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.