Start writing here...
Grain Medley Chili Recipe
A hearty chili made with grains like carnaroli rice, barley, millet and brown rice. The combination of beans and grains make it an excellent source of protein for vegans and vegetarians. Serve on its own or use in burritos or as a topping for nachos.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- 2 cups Japgok-Bap Risotto Medley
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1-15 oz can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1-28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp Morita chilli powder
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable stock mix
- Rinse the Risotto under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it. Put it into a bowl, cover with cold water and soak for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onions, celery and green pepper and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Drain the rice and add it along with the tomato paste.
- Add the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, stock, chilli powder, cumin, oregano, ground coriander, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, partially cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.