Start writing here...
Squid Ink Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Dinosaur KaleSeptember 24, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
A company-worthy meal that can be on the table in 30 minutes. The squid ink pasta makes a stunning presentation tossed with tomatoes, greens and feta cheese.
- 250 g black squid ink spaghetti
- 5 Tbsp David's organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole almonds , coarsely chopped
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 1 small bunch dinosaur kale , cavolo nero or lactinato, trimmed from stalk and torn into large pieces
- 4 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 10 basil leaves , finely chopped
- Feta cheese , crumbled
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and occasionally stir, cooking for one minute less than the package instructs.
- Heat 3 Tbsp of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. When warm, add the almonds and toast until golden brown, reducing the heat if necessary.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes, frequently stirring until the tomatoes have softened and have given up some of their liquid. Add the kale and stir until it starts to wilt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the garlic and basil.
- When the pasta is cooked, lift it out of the water and into the saute pan along with 2 Tbsp of water.
- Add the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil and stir vigorously to emulsify the pasta water and oil.
- Serve garnished with crumbled feta.