Start writing here...
Shaved Fennel, Guinette Cherries, and Arugula Salad RecipeMay 17, 2018 by Deborah Reid Leave a Comment
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time20 mins
Cherry flavour abounds in both the salad and vinaigrette. Perfect to start a meal or add slices of rosy grilled duck breast or juicy roast chicken and turn it into a main course.
- 2 tsp shallot , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Guinette cherry juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp grape seed oil
- Salt and pepper
For the vinaigrette, whisk together the shallot, cherry juice, honey, white wine vinegar and season to taste. Slowly whisk in the oil and adjust the seasoning. Can be made a day or two in advance and refrigerated until needed.
- Thinly shave the fennel bulb using a mandoline.
- Combine the fennel, arugula, walnuts and cherries and toss with some vinaigrette.
- Serve garnished with blue cheese and chives.