Start writing here...
Roasted Brussel Sprout RecipeDecember 14, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Lemon zest, pistachios and good extra virgin oil add bright Mediterranean flavour to this easy and quick side dish.
Course: Side Dish
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts , trimmed
- 4 tbsp David's organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Sicilian-style pistachios , coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon , zested
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat an oven to 350ºF.
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil. When ready, cook the Brussel sprouts until they can be pierced with a knife. Drain and refresh under cold water. Lay out on a towel to absorb excess moisture. The sprouts can be done to this stage several hours in advance.
- Place the sprouts on a baking sheet large enough to hold them in one layer without crowding. Toss with 2 tbsp of oil, pistachios, and season.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring once during cooking. The sprouts are ready when the edges have begun to caramelize.
- Remove from the oven. To serve, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and garnish with lemon zest.