Start writing here...
Quinoa Chia Veggie BurgerJanuary 15, 2015 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time40 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time50 mins
At last a veggie burger that doesn’t fall apart, and each patty is packed with a superfood combo of quinoa, lentils, and chia.
- Heat 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil in non-stick pan over medium heat. When hot, add the mushrooms and onion and sauté until the liquid evaporates. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor bowl and add the lentils and process to a purée.
- Put in a mixing bowl and add quinoa, chia, eggs, carrots, and panko.
- Divide mixture into 6 portions and shape into patties.
- Coat with panko, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat remaining Tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. When hot, fry the patties for 5 minutes per side or until golden and crispy.
- Veggie burgers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for several days or can be frozen.