Start writing here...
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- Course: Salad
- Servings: 4-6 People
- Calories: 0
- 1/4 cup Freekeh
- 1 cup Water
- 40 g Chickpeas (drained)
- 40 g Cucumber (quartered)
- 1/3 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 30 g Almonds (toasted, chopped)
- 1 tbsp Davids Mint and Lime Rub
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- In a saucepan, toast the Freekeh stirring for about 2 - 3 minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let is simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until it is tender.
- Rinse, drain and set aside to cool.
- For the Mint Lime dressing, in a small bowl, lightly whisk together Lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, garlic, Mint & Lime rub and salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the Freekeh, chickpeas, almonds, pomegranate and the Mint Lime dressing. Mix all ingredients together.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.
in Recipe Index