Start writing here...
Broccoli, Snap Pea and Toasted Hemp Salad Recipe
An easy salad packed with broccoli and snap peas, tossed with a refreshing honey lime dressing and protein-rich toasted hemp seeds.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- 1 head broccoli (trimmed and chopped into bite-size pieces)
- 1 bag sugar snap peas (trimmed and cut in half)
- 1 bunch kale (trimmed and chopped)
- 1 English cucumber (chopped into bite-size pieces)
- 1/2 cup hemp seed
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tbsp coriander honey
- 1 small bunch fresh mint (chopped)
- 1/4 cup hemp oil
- Put a pot of salted water on to boil. When boiling, blanch the broccoli and sugar snap peas until crisp-tender. Immediately refresh in cold water to stop the cooking. Drain.
- Heat a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the hemp seed and toast, stirring often, until golden and fragrant.
- Whisk all the ingredients together and season.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli, sugar snap peas, kale and cucumber with the dressing. Garnish with the toasted hemp seed and serve.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.