Start writing here...
Black Barley Beef SoupMarch 03, 2015 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hrs 20 mins
A hearty and wholesome beef soup finished with a hint of balsamic vinegar. Ultrasperse 3 gives the soup an appealing velvety texture and sheen.
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 cups diced stewing beef
- 1 cup onion , chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots , chopped
- 1/2 cup celery , sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic , finely chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 3/4 cup black barley , rinsed
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp beef base
- 10 cups water
- 2 tsp ultrasperse 3
- 1/2 cup parsley , finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add the beef and onion and sauté until the beef is seared.
- Add the carrots, celery, garlic, rosemary, cajun seasoning, black barley and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and beef base and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cold water and ultrasperse 3 and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the beef and barley are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.