Start writing here...
Warm Beluga Lentil and Sweet Potato Salad
Sweet potato and black beluga lentils make a gorgeous composed salad that's perfect on its own for lunch or as a side for grilled chicken or barbecue ribs.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
- Course: Salad
- Cuisine: North American
- Servings: 8 People
- Calories: 0
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 cups sweet potato (peeled and cut into small dice)
- 1 cup organic beluga lentils
- 1 Tbsp herb de Provence
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup walnut halves (toasted and chopped)
- ¼ cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup David's organic extra virgin olive oil
- Goat cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and saute until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, lentils, and herbs de Provence and cook for 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and simmer the lentils for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn into a bowl and add the cherry tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, and parsley. Toss with the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil and season to taste.
- Serve garnished with crumbled goat cheese.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.