Start writing here...
Spiced Apple CiderOctober 19, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
When the temperature falls there is no greater pleasure than wrapping cold hands around a cup of hot spiced apple cider. It's a sweet way to warm up. Add bourbon and turn it into a cocktail.
- Combine apple compote, water, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, clove, and the vanilla bean in a heavy saucepan.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Line a fine sieve with cheesecloth and strain the apple cider.
- If the flavour is too strong, dilute the apple cider with boiling water.
- Garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick if serving hot or chill in the refrigerate.