Start writing here...
Six Grain SaladMarch 24, 2015 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
Antipasto vegetables, walnuts and goat cheese dress up this wholesome, easy to prepare, rice salad.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. When hot, and add the onions, carrots and celery and saute till soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, Cajun seasoning and cook for 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Turn the rice out into a large bowl, fluffing with a fork. Let it cool.
- Toss with antipasto, chopped walnuts and season.
- Serve garnished with goat cheese.