Start writing here...
Roasted Piquillo Soup RecipeDecember 01, 2018 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hrs 10 mins
Smoky pepper and tomato are the perfect flavour combination in this spicy soup. Warm up on a cold day or chill and serve cold. Either way, its bright red colour, and bold flavor will delight.
- 2 Tbsp Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
- 390 g piquillo peppers , cut into strips
- 1 jalapeño chilli , seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked bittersweet paprika
- 1 clove garlic , finely chopped
- 84 oz San Marzano tomatoes , chopped
- 2 Tbsp PX Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable base mixed with 600 ml water
- 1/4 cup creme fraîche
- Togarashi spice
- Smoked Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Goat cheese
- Heat the 2 Tbsp of Arebquina oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the piquillo peppers, jalapeño, and paprika and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and vinegar, bring to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the creme fraîche and continue to simmer for a few minutes.
- To serve, moisten the rim of the soup bowl and coat with Togarashi spice. Ladle the soup into the bowl and garnish with smoked oil, a basil leaf, and a sprinkle of goat cheese.