Start writing here...
Porcini Nuckhen Canape Recipe
An Italian vegan canape made with savoury porcini mushroom, roasted sweet pepper, golden nuckhen, and fresh basil. Ready in minutes, they are a perfect bite with a glass of sparkling Prosecco.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp porcini extarct
- 30 g nuckhen cubes
- 1/2 cup vegannaise
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 18 - 24 vegan crackers or toasted bread
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and porcini extract. Add the nuckhen and marinate for minimum 30 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender process the vegennaise with 4 or 5 large basil leaves.
- Drain the nuckhen. Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the nuckhen and sear on all sides.
- Spread some of the basil vegennaise on the crackers or toasted bread. Top with roasted sweet pepper and then a golden piece of nuckhen. Garnish with a chiffonade of fresh basil and serve.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.