Start writing here...
Passion Fruit Panna CottaMarch 03, 2022 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time25 mins
Cuisine: Italian, North American
- To create the Panna Cotta layer: In a small pot add milk and cream and whisk the liquid whilst adding the panna cotta powder mix slowly.
- Turn on the heat and bring the mix to a boil.
- Turn heat to a simmer for 1 minute and pour the Panna Cotta into ramekins or plastic dessert cups. Allow to cool at room temperature before placing into the fridge, for 2 - 3 hours to set.
- While the panna cotta layer is setting, create the Passion Fruit layer: In a small bowl, add the gelatine powder and water and mix until dissolve. Let it sit until the gelatin blooms.
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, combine the passion fruit puree and sugar, mix until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add the bloomed gelatin to the passion fruit mixture and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let it cool slightly before transferring to the panna cotta layer.
- Pour the passion fruit mixture on top of the setting Panna Cotta and cover top with plastic wrap and let it set in the fridge for 2 - 3 hours.