Start writing here...
Mini Freekeh Kofta with Cucumber Yogurt DipJuly 21, 2021 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
- In a saucepan on medium heat, saute onion and freekeh, stirring frequently until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Add water and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until water is completely absorbed for about 20 minutes or until freekeh is tender. Set aside and let it cool.
- In a separate saucepan on medium heat, saute the eggplant. Once cooked, set aside and let it cool.
- Once the freekeh and eggplant have cooled off, transfer onto a large bowl and mix in eggs, Ras El Hanout, panko, salt & pepper until fully combined.
- Preheat deep fryer or heat oil in a deep pot.
- Shape kofta mixture into round 1.5 inch balls.
- Carefully drop the kofta ball into the hot oil and let it cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown on all sides. Set aside.
- To create the cucumber yogurt dip, combine the cucumber, green onion, coriander, cumin and plain yogurt, mix until well incorporated and transfer to a dipping dish.
- Transfer the kofta onto a plate and serve with the dipping sauce. Enjoy!