Start writing here...
Instant Pot Beef Stew with PortSeptember 15, 2022 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Cuisine: American, North American
- 1/2 cup Port Wine Extract
- 2 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups Beef Broth Stock
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 medium Onions , cut into chunks
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 lbs Carrots , cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Water
- 3 lbs Beef Chuck Roast , cut into 1 inch pieces
- Seasoned beef with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute and add the olive oil. Place the beef and sear until brown on each side. Transfer the meat to a plate.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until onions turns translucent.
- Add the 2 cups of beef stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the meat along with any meat juices, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, Port Wine extract, balsamic vinegar and tomato paste.
- Cover and set the valve on the lid to the sealing position. Set the time for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- Once finished, do a quick release by moving the valve on the lid from the sealing position to the venting position.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 2 tbsp of water to create a slurry. Add into the Instant Pot and stir until stew thickens.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes and enjoy!