Start writing here...
Grano Risotto with Cremini Mushrooms and WatercressMarch 21, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
There's lots of umami flavour in this risotto from the toasted grano, meaty cremini mushrooms and shaved parmesan. A beautiful first course or side dish with grilled or roasted meat.
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 shallot , finely chopped
- 1 cup grano
- 1 clove garlic , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken , vegetable or beef stock
- Water , as needed
- 2/3 cup watercress , picked and washed
- 1 cup small cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the shallot and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add grano and garlic and cook a few minutes longer to bring out the grains nutty flavour.
- Add white wine, cook for a few seconds and then add the stock.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, adding small amounts of water if needed.
- Five minutes before the grano is cooked, add the watercress, mushrooms, 2 tablespoons butter and most of the parmesan.
- Garnish with parmesan shavings and serve.