Start writing here...
Curry Caramelised Onion and Roast Tomato Farro RisottoMarch 20, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Fragrant Indian spices pair perfectly with sweet caramelised onion and nutty farro. Delicious as a vegetarian main course or served with Tandoori chicken or lamb.
- 2 Roma tomatoes , halved
- 2 Tbsp David's organic extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white onion , diced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 cup organic farro
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken , vegetable or beef stock
- Water as needed
- Parsley , finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss tomato halves with olive oil and season.
- Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast until slightly caramelised, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and cook until lightly caramelised.
- Add the dried spices and cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add farro and cook a few minutes longer to bring out the grains nutty flavour.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Add the white wine, cook for a few seconds and then add the stock.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, adding small amounts of water if needed.
- Five minutes before the farro is finished add 2 Tbsp butter.
- Garnish with roast tomatoes and parsley and serve.