Crispy Vegan Bites with Piquillo Pepper and Quinoa SalsaApril 23, 2018 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
- Put the nuckhen and basil in a food processor and pulse until it is ground, about 10 seconds.
- Drain the chickpeas and put the liquid in a bowl, reserving the chickpeas for another use. Add the cream of tartar to the liquid. Using an electric mixer, beat on high speed until the chickpea liquid holds stiff peaks.
- Combine the ground nuckhen and aquafaba and season. Shape them into small squares or balls.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the nuckhen bites and cook until crisp and golden.
- Combine the quinoa and piquillo pepper in a small bowl and season.
- Serve the nuckhen bites with salsa and garnish with basil.