Start writing here...
Couscous, Sorghum and Spinach Salad
This salad has great texture from the combination of couscous, sorghum and walnuts. It's packed with protein and is easy to make for a weekend lunch or to serve at dinner with grilled chicken or lamb.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- 1/2 cup sorghum
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup medium-grain couscous
- 1/3 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup radish (sliced)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup feta (crumbled)
- 1 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Put sorghum in a pot, add 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender. Strain and cool.
Boil a 1/2 cup water and stir it into the couscous. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 10 minutes to absorb the liquid. Fluff with a fork and cool.
- Combine the sorghum, couscous, walnuts, radish, spinach and feta. Toss with some of the dressing, season and serve.
- Combine Dijon, honey and vinegar and slowly whisk in olive oil to emulsify.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.
in Recipe Index