Start writing here...
Cilantro-Lime Sushi Rice RecipeApril 02, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
Fresh cilantro and lime brighten the flavour of this rice. It's perfect served with grilled salmon or unagi, Japanese barbequed eel.
- Rinse the rice under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it and the water is clear.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the rice, add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and steam for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes, covered.
- Toss the rice with most of the cilantro and lime zest, and lime juice.
- Garnish with the remaining cilantro and zest and serve.