Start writing here...
Cilantro-Lime Sushi Rice Recipe
Fresh cilantro and lime brighten the flavour of this rice. It's perfect served with grilled salmon or unagi, Japanese barbequed eel.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- Rinse the rice under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it and the water is clear.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the rice, add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and steam for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes, covered.
- Toss the rice with most of the cilantro and lime zest, and lime juice.
- Garnish with the remaining cilantro and zest and serve.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.