Start writing here...
Chestnut Port SoupJanuary 19, 2023 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- In a pan on medium heat, melt butter and oil. Add celery and cook until soft.
- Add Chestnuts (drained) and sage and cook for 2 minutes. Add Port extract and cook until port has reduced.
- Add water and chicken stock mix. Bring to boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While simmering, on a separate pan, cook bacon and set aside.
- Remove the soup from heat and puree until smooth with a hand blender. Return to heat add cream and stir.
- Cook for a few minutes. Serve and sprinkle with bacon.