Start writing here...
Arancini RecipeOctober 22, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time40 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time50 mins
Bite into this simple and classic Italian appetizer and enjoy the oozing melted mozzarella in the centre of these crisp and golden rice balls. They're an easy make-ahead appetizer.
- In a mixing bowl combine the rice, parmesan, 1 egg, and 1/2 cup panko. If the mixture doesn't hold together, add a little more panko.
- Divide the rice mixture into eight equal portions and roll each into a ball.
- Using a finger, poke a hole into the ball and put a cube of mozzarella inside. Cover the hole and set aside.
- Create 3 separate dishes for breading: one with flour, one with beaten egg, and one with the remaining panko.
- Bread the arancini by coating first in flour, shaking off any excess. Roll in the egg wash, letting any excess drip off and finally roll in panko. This is best done in advance to give the coating time to adhere to the arancini. Set aside until ready to cook.
- Put the oil in a shallow pot and over medium-high heat, bring to 325ºF.
- Slide four of the arancini into the oil and fry until golden brown. Remove to paper-towel lined tray to drain and season with salt. Fry the remaining arancini.
- Serve the arancini on a plate with warm marinara sauce and garnish with grated parmesan.