Start writing here...
Agave Couscous SaladMarch 23, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
Agave and lemon give the dressing a fresh, sweet and acidic flavour. This salad tastes like summer and is perfect for eating on a hot summer day.
- 1/2 cup medium-grain couscous
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup red pepper , diced
- 1 avocado , diced
- 1/3 cup sundried cranberries
- 1/3 cup red onion , diced
- 2 cups parsley , roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- Toss the couscous with boiling water and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 10 minutes for the liquid to absorb. Fluff with a fork and cool.
- Combine couscous, red pepper, avocado, sundried cranberries, red onion, parsley, and feta cheese.
- Toss with some of the dressing, season and serve.
- Combine agave syrup, cayenne, lemon juice and slowly whisk in olive oil to emulsify.