Start writing here...
Yoshi Togarashi Risotto
The best of two worlds in a bowl. A creamy risotto with the Japanese flavours of ginger, seaweed, tangerine peel and black sesame seeds.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- 6 - 8 cups water or broth
- 1 Tbsp Picual extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter (chilled)
- 1/4 cup shallot (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 pkg Yoshi risotto rice with togarashi
- 1 cup white wine
- Sauteed shrimp
- Chives (finely chopped)
- Sea salt flakes
- Bring the liquid to a simmer in a pot.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and 2 Tbsp butter over medium-high heat. When hot, add the shallots and cook until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and stir for 2 to 3 minutes to coat with fat and heat through.
- Add the white wine and cook briskly, stirring, until it's mostly absorbed by the rice.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the simmering water or broth 2 ladles at a time. Stir until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue to cook, adding liquid and stirring for 20 minutes or until the risotto is creamy and the rice is al dente.
- When done, beat in the remaining butter and season to taste.
- Serve immediately garnished with shrimp, chives and sea salt.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.