Start writing here...
Vegan Pad ThaiApril 24, 2018 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time45 mins
A colourful vegan version of the Thai classic with bold flavours and stunning presentation.
- Combine the tamari, chilies and saffron in a bowl. Add the nuckhen and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes. Drain and reserve the marinade.
- In a large wok, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add the drained nuckhen and sear until golden on all sides. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the wok and then add the peppers and bok choy. Cook, stirring often until they begin to soften.
- Add the cooked rice noodles, reserved marinade, nuckhen, and pad thai sauce. Stir to combine and heat through. Add some of the green onions and peanuts, reserving the rest for garnish.
- Serve the pad thai in bowls garnished with the remaining green onions and peanuts.