Start writing here...
Triblend Quinoa Blueberry Avocado Salad with Tarragon Sorghum VinaigretteMay 09, 2022 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
- 1 cup Triblend Quinoa , cooked and drained
- 2 cups Spring Salad
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes , halved
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds , toasted
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1 Avocado , seeded, cubed
- Tarragon Sorghum VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup Tarragon Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sorghum Syrup
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Agave syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Cook quinoa as per instructions on package.
- Make dressing, in a small bowl, combine, tarragon vinegar, sorghum syrup, olive oil, agave syrup, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss, spring salad, avocado, blueberries, tomatoes and quinoa.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to mix well.
- Garnish with toasted hemp seeds.
How to toast hemp seeds? Place hemp seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat. Stirring often with a wooden spoon until seeds are golden brown. Remove from heat.
How to cook quinoa? Add 1 cup of quinoa to 1 1/2 cups of water in a pot on medium heat. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let it stand covered for a few minutes. Drain water if needed. Fluff with a fork.