Start writing here...
Steak with Port SauceSeptember 15, 2022 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute shallots in butter until tender. Stir in the red wine and port. Boil for 5 minutes
- Add beef broth powder, water and herbs de Provence. Stir and simmer until sauce is reduced, for about 10 minutes or desired thickness. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper on each side. Add the steaks and olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook to desired doneness, About 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer the steaks to a platter.
In the same skillet, add the remaining butter and pour the port sauce and bring it to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Add the rosemary and remove from heat.
- Spoon the sauce over the steaks and serve.